Meeting rooms in Swindon are very practical with easy access to the M4 and the mainline into London. But sometimes all the practicality in the world just won’t cut it. Sometimes you need fresh air, space and an absence trains, planes and automobiles. Sometimes you need to simply cut off from the realities of cities and corporate life and find a novel & new meeting place.
We think Yeo Valley is just such a place. Close enough to Swindon, Bristol, Bath and Taunton to be deceptively local, but a world away from their bland, corporate meeting venues. We have wifi and video conferencing facilities so you can’t get away from it completely, but a quirky sense of fun, great food and amazing views takes meetings to a whole different level.
From central Swindon you have some choices about getting to Yeo Valley depending on whether you trust the traffic through Bristol or not. The most direct route – according to the mighty Google Maps – is through Bristol, and it will take you about 1 hour 30.
- Head west on the M5 until you get to Bristol and the M32.
- Take the M32 down into the centre of Bristol and then follow the roads to Bristol Airport and the A38.
- You should pass Bristol Temple Meads station and head out through Bedminster into the North Somerset countryside.
- Eventually you will pass Bristol Airport on your right and in another mile you’ll pass the Holiday Inn on your right.
- Take the next left hand turn signposted Blagdon and Burrington, on to the narrow and meandering Ashley Lane. (If you miss it don’t worry, you are looking for the A368 which is signposted left at the next set of traffic lights.) At the end of Ashley Lane turn left on to the A368.
- Follow this road until you reach lovely Blagdon High Street and pass the post office.
- At the Seymour Arms pub the A368 takes a left towards Bath, but you take a slight right hand turn (which feels straight on) to Street End heading towards Rhodyate.
- Follow this steep hill up and up, then just keep your eyes peeled and on the right hand side you’ll find our bodacious Blagdon HQ!